Oh man, has it been a day.
It started off somewhat ok. I ended up on the couch again, but we're working on the whole snoring thing. But anyway, for some reason I woke up really sore, my shoulder just couldn't take it last night. It slowly wore off after I fed the cats and jumped back in bed to bug Joel and do that morning sleepy random talk, mostly about how cute the cats are and how we don't sleep all that well, haha.
Anyway, as Joel was making breakfast, I hear a huuuuuge CRASH! Panicking (as I always do), I rush in, knowing that it was glass that broke and assuming that it was one of our glasses. Nooooo. Somehow the vase that my mother bought us fell (serious mystery), smashed on the counter and the bottom half smashed Joel's toe and crashed on the ground. Uuugh. Joel had bare feet too! Luckily he didn't get cut, and I already had the vacuum out, so I cleaned it up as best I could. Joel had to throw away his toast and jam, and milk too, he felt so bad. :( Do not want to risk anything, there were shards everywhere.
So that was ehhh. Relaxed for a while after that, and decided to get lunch before noon. It was pouring outside, but we found a new place to try out for asian food, called Bento Cafe. So I get the address, and zoom off to go order take-out and eat at home comfortably (since we're being careful with Joel!). So I get to the address I have, aannnnnd it's not it. It's oddly enough, a different asian place, but closed. So after a confusing moment on the phone with Joel, we decide to get takeout at Ichiban, which is a decent asian place (and I emphasize decent). I get there and it's CLOSED TOO. And Joel's on the phone telling me that he called Bento and it was open, they just had the wrong address on their website. So frustrated at this point, and tired of driving with idiots in the rain, I just go home and make my tuna noodle dish that I adore. I'm not a happy camper, I should mention, and was fuming for a good while after I got home. Minion wasn't helping, getting everywhere and jumping on the counter over and over and over. I ended up shutting him in the bathroom, and we left him there while I finished cooking and ate so he wouldn't interrupt us.
So everything is pretty relaxing again after that. Joel's working on finishing a game, and I decide to pick up one of my games to finish. Now, I'm sure that no one reading this is a big gaming buff, but the last fight in my game was RIDICULOUS. I wasn't getting anywhere between all the things that were going on, and 2 1/2 hours LATER, I gave upppp because it was soooo stupid!!!! Yeah, I'm still really upset about that haha, buuut I'm going to give it a shot again once I'm done with this entry.
So anyway, a while after that we decide to try Bento again, knowing where it is now and what we want (amazing thing posting menus online!). So Joel has the foresight to call our order in on the way there, because it's off Archer and a few miles away. Took the freeway because it's right off of it, and silly me got off too early. We get there, and oh my goodness it is soooo packed! If Mom's reading this, think about Phoenix and when we wanted to get Starbucks in that cute little corner, but there was no parking because everyone was going to that little cafe. It was just like that, only there were twice the parking spots. We obviously stumbled across one of the college hot spots. I dropped Joel off, and it took me at least 10 minutes to park, driving around and around. I had to park on the other end, pretty far, and poor Joel can't walk too well cause his toe is swollen from this morning. Anyway, the place is really trendy. Really trendy. Exactly something you'd see in a college town. And there was an ice cream place next to it, and a pita place next to that, so easy to say that you can get dinner and dessert right there, and be seen I guess.
So after eternity, and we get home, we sample our wares from our adventure. And it was so good. I think it was the best asian food we've gotten, hands down. Joel isn't exactly the same as me, since he thinks that the Vietnamese place right next to us has better sushi, but it's a lot more expensive. So what we had was awesome. I got chicken katsu udon (very good!) and milk tea (different tea in it, but tasty!), and Joel got some dumplings (awesome!) and two sushi rolls (awesome too!). We were very very pleased, and enjoying the rest of the evening relaxing. :)
Oh, he took off his pad from the surgery, and it's looking good! The shape of it...well, the easiest way to describe it is a caterpillar on his chest, ahahaha. About three inches long, maybe 1/3 an inch thick. It looks so healthy, no red, no swelling, just a little bit of brusing around it (so not touching it/in it), and the incision part is still a little red, but for being such a big wound it is looking really good! I'm so thrilled, we were both really worried about infection. I think he's mostly in the clear! It's not a pretty sight though, I will admit. Ewwwwww. He will probably get the stitches out on the 8th, we're excited. :)
No pictures again, sorry!! When I have the time I'll drag them out of the computer. And darn, I really need to work on a little painting I'm doing for a friend...it's been crazy over here. And I need to start applying for jobs, I owe a loooot this year in taxes, damn Oakridge and/or governement screwed me over. I do not have the $248 federal wants, and I don't even want to know what CA wants from me, urrrg.
Signing out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment